Thank you to all who participated in my webinar this week. I hope you found the format and information useful. We discussed Values and how we can use them to take better informed decisions in our lives. Here is a recap of the workshop.
To identify values we can ask:
- What is important to me? what motivates me? (an extensive list below)
- What annoys me? Here we need to look at the opposite of the annoying thing or behavior:
- People arriving late – so this could be ‘punctuality’ or ‘respect’ or ‘professionalism’
- Gossiping – this could be ‘honesty’, ‘clear communication’ or ‘respect’
- Negativity – this could mean your value include ‘positive mindset’, ‘hope’ , ‘growth’, ‘professionalism’ etc.
Then once you have your values identified and highlighted top 5-7 values, you can ask yourself this question:
To what extend do you respect your values in your everyday life?
Think about examples, write them down. Also I would recommend journaling and keeping a track of your values to see when you hijack them and when you nourish them; and to look for patterns.
Using your values in decision-making could help in following scenarios:
- Finding motivation to complete something important
- Bringing back your focus to what’s important – energy management
- Looking for a new employment, career change
When it’s hard and you might regret your decision, your values will remind you WHY you made that decision.
Next Coaching Talks:
Week 2: Increase your self confidence using coaching tools. (click on the link to read the description and book a place)
- Thursday, 14th May 7pm (Paris time)
- Friday 15th May 11am
Week 3: Improve your Emotional Intelligence with simple routine over 3 weeks (click on the link to read description and book a place)
- Thursday 21st May, 7pm
- Friday 22nd May 10am
Week 4: How to build your resilience TBA
Please feel free to share the above with people that might be interested or need it. Thank you!