Myself and 2 other professionals answered several questions on working abroad, shared our experience and gave recommendations on how to find work experience placement.
Students wanted to know what is the best way to find a job in Irleand, secondly how to find accomodation and what to expect. The main key lessons I offered on going abroad were:
- amazing adventure
- you will make new friends, then you can visit them 🙂
- you will improve your language
- it might be hard at the start to adapt in a new culture, you might feel frustrated
- there is no bad neither good about other cultures, it’s different
- French students will miss cheese and good bread:)
- you will learn a lot about yourself
- optimze your time, travel around, visit places, talk to local people
- stay around other nationalities, be curious
I shared some of my own cultural shock stories with the audience to help them imagine and understand what they might experience.
It was a great session with approx. 50 students. I hope this helped some of them to take the decision to apply for Erasmus or internships and set themselves on this fantastic adventure! #lifebeginsattheendofyourcomfortzone